Mock Interview Questions

What was the last exhibition/lecture/event/screening you saw?
National Gallery Monet Collection

What did you find interesting? How did the work relate to your current ideas/creative practice?
Monet has always been one of my favorite artists as he was my introduction to impressionism which then opened my mind upto creating work that isnt necessarily perfect but resembles it.

Name three practitioners whose work you have discovered since being on the Level 3 course. How have they influenced your creative practice? What do you find interesting about their work?

David Hockney is one artist that I have referenced and referred to constantly because of his photo montage work. I like the idea of using multiple pictures to create a bigger one.
Stanley Kubrick is another one of my major influences in the level 3 course for the same reasons as David Hockney alongside his skill of visualising broad concepts.
I use a lot of writers for referencing as well because I think the way certain thoughts are communicated via poetry or prose really help with creating a style and tone. Such as olivia gatwood’s work. Mariia Qamar is another influence in my work because of how she reaches out to her culture in every way possible.

Where are you at with your current project? How could you improve you current work and approach?
I am halfway done and I think I could incorporate a better visual concept but I am struggling with it.

What are the three key things you have learnt on the Level 3 course?
I have learnt how to communicate my ideas visually, how to research in depth and reference accurately as well as being able to organise my work and try to level it up.

What does [Graphic Design/Photography/Film etc.] mean to you?
Media for me is what runs the world and what impacts all of our opinions and our lives.

What is the most successful piece of work in your portfolio? Why? How could it be improved?
I think my animation during my repurpose project is my most successful one as it turned out exactly the way I wanted it to, I couldve refined it a little better tho.

Which is the least successful piece of work in your portfolio? Why? How could it be improved?
I think my personal project is possibly my least successful piece as I stumbled a lot on the way.

What do you hope to achieve by undertaking a BA course?

What qualities and attributes do you have that will make you a successful student at BA level?

What was the last book you read? Tell us about it?